March 9, 2011

Catching Up...

I am still here! I just haven't felt up to posting these last few weeks. Having a high-risk  pregnancy has been a new adventure for us and challenging to say the least. The baby is doing well and we continue to thank God daily for the blessing of each new day with this pregnancy.

I went for my 12 week appointment and all was well. The nurse was even able to pick up the baby's heartbeat with the doppler! I had my OB panel blood work drawn, I was told to stop my supplemental progesterone, and went home. All was good. The next day I woke in the morning and was unable to pee. Well, off to the clinic I went to get a cath. That was a painful ride to the clinic, but I was so glad to get there. The OB did an u/s and found I had an incarcerated uterus. Basically, anatomically speaking, things weren't in the right place and therefore kinking my bladder and causing the acute urinary retention to happen. The OB's plan was to have me cut back on liquids in the evening to prevent this from happening again. I was to return in one week for a follow-up u/s for him to determine if my uterus had moved back into place.

All was well for 24+ hours. I woke in the middle of the night that weekend and guess what? Yeppers, I couldn't "go". So, off to the ER I went. This time they sent me home with a permanent catheter (NO FUN). I got through the weekend. called my OB on Monday and back I went in for another appt. I had quickly developed a very, very, painful UTI and he put me on antibiotics.

I was having problems with the catheter and had to make another ER visit later, was given strict bed rest for the week and I went back in this past Friday for the next u/s.  We prayed that everything would be "in place". If it was not, the OB would have to do a manual adjustment to move everything into place. (EEK). We were thrilled to see that the baby & uterus had moved completely to where they needed to be.

Because my condition only happens in about 1 in every 6,000 pregnancies the office was abuzz with talk of my case. So, on my Friday appt, I had 3 nursing students in the exam room with me for the appt, follow up, and cath removal. (LOVELY!) Yes, science experiment I am : )

We are thrilled, and praising God for such a wonderful outcome. Now that I am off the progesterone, my all day m/s is not as severe, but it is still pretty bad and I am praying that it eases up soon. Next, I get a call from my OB that my blood work results came back and that my glucose level was 120! I have never had a problem with any of my pregnancies with my glucose levels, but this time I just might? I went in to take my one hour glucose test this morning. I felt covered in prayer by my friends as I drank the chilled, thick, artificially orange flavored, syrupy, drink. I got it down in the required 5 minutes and I kept it down so I could have my blood drawn 60 minutes later. I will get the results from that test on Friday and then I see the OB again next Wednesday for another checkup. I will be 15 weeks at that point. Our church family has been wonderful to provide meals during the last couple of weeks since I have been down.  Our family has appreciated & been blessed by their love, support, prayers, encouragement. So, there you go. That is the update on our pregnancy.

Our eldest son D-man has continued to battle Lyme Disease with a co-infection of Bartonella. We have seen highs and lows and currently we are seeing the lows. He has a phone appt. with his doctor on Friday and she will evaluate his progress, diet, and meds and maybe we can get things tweaked a bit. Helping a teenager through the process of managing and living with a chronic illness has been challenging and prayers are always appreciated as we work through this trial.

Spring is here and the weather is beautiful. I have all the windows open today and the kiddos have all gone outdoors for a much needed "extended recess" break! I thank you as always for the kind e-mails and prayers and lifting our family up to the Lord. We are grateful to continue this adoption journey as we walk through this pregnancy!

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that sounds terrible! Sorry you had to experience all that! Just remember, "This too shall pass". =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that you have been going through so much. Praising the Lord that things have "righted" themselves. Praying that your glucose levels are normal and that the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful. Also, praying for your son as he deals with these health issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been wondering about you, it's good to hear an update and to know that baby and you are okay, but so sorry to hear all you've gone through recently. That experience with the catheter sounds terrible. Hoping that it doesn't happen again and things proceed smoothly from here.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind words...such a roller coaster of emotions isn't it?! Hoping this ride ends well for the both of us and we have beautiful healthy babies in August!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had both you AND your son put on my "World-Wide Prayer Chain" back when you first posted about the uterine/bladder problem. Glad to see your issues worked out..PRAISE GOD! Continuing to pray for healing for your son. ++++

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow That's alot going on girl! I'm a pray'n for you, the baby and your son! Keep the posts coming so we know how to pray! And so we can keep in touch! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking of you....all of you! That precious new life, your son and of course YOU!

    I'm sorry there have been some rough patches but absolutely you are covered in prayers and thoughts.....well wishes and hopes!

    Please continue to take care of yourself and do keep us posted as time allows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are amazing. simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking about you a ton and checking on your blog about the same :) I'm sorry that life has been so hectic for you lately. I'll be praying that things settle down a bit from here on out.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment or ask a question.

 
Design by © Small Bird Studios