February 5, 2011

So, You Want an Update Do Ya?

Well everyone, I wish I had some exciting news to share or something humorous, but I do not. Our little one is growing and now the size of a grape I believe. I will be 10 weeks tomorrow! I still have all day morning sickness and some days it keeps me in my jammies and in bed. Other days, I get dressed, and live on the couch. Other days, I can get up, get dressed and run an errand after the kids finish their studies. Most days though, I am down. I have not asked for Zofran because I am more nauseous than sick so I am not dehydrating AND I really hope that after I am off the supplemental progesterone I will feel better. I have never felt this puny with any of my other pregnancies, not even close, so I am blaming the progesterone at this point ; ) We will see what happens when I stop taking that in another month.

I wouldn't say that I am anywhere ready for maternity clothes, but I am already noticing that certain skirts, I don't like the elastic hitting where it does. On jammie day there is no problem, because I have comfy jammies! I have yet to pull down the maternity clothes from the top part of the closet. I will do that after my next doctor's appointment in a few weeks. I was PG last time in a different season so I will have to see what I have.

We did not get the 3-5 inches of snow we were supposed to get yesterday. Instead we got icicles hanging from the trees and shrubs that were formed with the water from the septic sprinklers! Uh, yuck! The kids were so disappointed. They were really hoping for snow. It NEVER snows in Houston. I mean if it does, it is a dusting at best, so this was to be an EXCITING event here. Well, it was a flop for the kids : (  They did enjoying throwing things at the icicles watching them fall down though. No pictures of that excitement, sorry, LOL! I was able to scrapbook about 12 pages for our family book last weekend. I felt like I actually accomplished something! I do love to scrapbook and wish I could manage to find more time to record our family's memories, but I am grateful for the time I do manage to squeeze out.

I have had fun reading everyone else's blogs and catching up with them this past week. There is so much going on with EA families! New births, new pregnancies, new transfer dates, new consult appointments, and even friends pursuing other types of adoptions are working through the paper chase, finishing homestudies, and one friend is finished and she and her husband are now in the waiting phase to be chosen. So many beautiful and joyous times. Little tiny lives given new hope with new families. God's majesty through His creation of His earth and His children is so full of promise!

13 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you were doing especially with how cold we have been hearing Texas was this week. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 weeks - hopefully you will be pulling out of this soon!

    great to read an update.

    we got a dusting of snow here (in SA) and it shut down the entire city. but the kids loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about you today. It's good to hear what's going on with you. I started feeling lots better when I got off all of my meds during my first pregnancy. My dr. said that was not the reason I quit being nauseated, but I was/am convinced that it was. :) I truly hope you start feeling better soon! (PS- Phenegren(SP?) helped with my nausea this time around.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from ya! Sorry you didn't get your snow- we got plenty here to share! I'm ready for spring!! I hope you feel better really soon- can't wait to hear how your next appt. goes. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there sweet Mama!

    I've been thinking about you and I too treasure our friendship born of this amazing thing called : blogging!!!

    Take much care...tons of it please!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you start feeling better soon! I started feeling better after the shots too, although it was toward the end of the first trimester too, so who knows?! Hoping the same for you though! The second trimester has definitely been a breeE compared to the first! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to hear that all is well with your precious blessing. I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We got 18" and 8-10 more coming Tues.

    I love this blog. Check out mine, it a constant work in progress:

    http://mamachellec.blogspot.com/search/label/welcome

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by to say, HI! Had to get my pg fix! I pray that you'll feel better as well. The progesterone was not what was making me nauseated...just triple the baby hormones! But hopefully by the 2nd tri you'll feel so much better! Lots of Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So hoping that the nausea passes soon. So glad that you are doing well. Gotta love them cozy jammies during pregnancy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you feel better soon. I'd trade places with you in a heartbeat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so so happy for you Shannon! Wow..this is just wonderful news!

    Love,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment or ask a question.

 
Design by © Small Bird Studios