January 4, 2011

Waiting for the Call

Well, my temperature did go up last night to 101 and I had to page the nurse. She told me to take 2 extra strength Tylenol. The ones I had were the 8 hour kind. So, at 3 a.m. right at the 8 hour mark, my fever was back to 101. I took some more, kept drinking cool water, cool wash cloth on my forehead and put the ceiling fan on high. I dozed from about 4:30 or so until 7:00. I have no symptoms to date with this fever except body aches and chills.

Now I am waiting for a call from the clinic. The nurse will be consulting with the doctor on my fever situation this morning and see if he wants me to go in to have a CBC run to check my white blood count. If I do, I will be asking to throw one last hCG on there : ) --might as well?

Thank you for your encouragement. I am hopeful and prayerful through all of this. I will update when I hear from the clinic. I got up long enough to do my injections and do this quick post.


  1. From the start this has been a journey of faith...continue to stand strong in the Lord and in His mighty strength. God can continue the pregnancy even with this fever/chills/body aches. Nothing is impossible with God! Praying for these sweet babies!! We appreciate the updates and following your adoption journey!

  2. ((hugs))

    echoing Michelle...hang in there friend!!!

    Thanks for keeping us updated!

  3. Praying that all is well. Please update when you can!!

  4. I'm so sorry that this fever battle just continues. If it is indeed a virus or something of that nature, we had something similar in our household for two weeks before Christmas-- no other symptoms beside a fever that just lasted and lasted! So strange. Praying you are better sooner than soon and that/those little babies are snug a protected inside.


We love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment or ask a question.

Design by © Small Bird Studios