September 9, 2010

More Embryo Adoption Questions Answered











There have been questions asked by some of you recently I thought I'd take a minute to answer those. 


What is the cost for this type of adoption? Costs vary. You can choose to work directly through a clinic or through a website like Miracles Waiting and this usually saves money, but we chose to work through an agency which requires a home study to adopt. The agency also has fees for their services. We also have to pay my RE and the clinic for tests, exams, medications, and the actual FET procedure. With all that said, our personal total out-of-pocket cost is looking to be $13,000 to get us through the end of the first trimester. 


How long does the process take? This varies too. For us, we just needed to update our homestudy, so there was less paperwork involved to complete. We updated our homestudy in April-May, were matched this summer and we are tentatively scheduled for our FET the third week of October.


 How successful is EA/FET? There is no way to answer this question with any certainty. There are so many variables that come into play. We trust God that He has led us down the chosen path for adoption for our family, that He has led us to our agency, clinic, and doctor. We also trust Him as He has chosen 5 precious tiny ones into our care. We are prayerful we will raise one or more of these 5 to love and serve our awesome God.


What happens if your 5 little ones do not make it? This is a good question. I am working on a post to share the special situation of our tiny ones. It will also be a petition for prayer for our sweet little ones. For now though, I will say that if none of our wee ones survive the thawing procedure or I do not test positive for a pregnancy, or I were to miscarry, our agency will match us with another family. 


Finally, Will we thaw all 5? Possibly? You will understand more after my next post. 


Thank you for caring and wanting to learn more about our journey. We serve a merciful God and praise His name daily for all that He has done in our lives!
**EA friends, feel free to comment any "answers/thoughts" you may have!

3 comments:

  1. I just continue to be so grateful for the community of believers God has surrounded me who are on this same journey. I count none of it as chance or mistake or good luck. It's God's sovereign design and plan that we have all connected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Britney. I'm so impressed by the faith of most all of the EA moms that I've been able to connect with out here in the blog community. It's been so encouraging to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon,
    I had NO idea you were doing this!!! We looked into this before the Lord sent us to Ukraine. I'm not sure we aren't done looking at it, either. This is SO exciting!!! It took me a while to realize this was you. I'm so excited to see how this works out.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment or ask a question.

 
Design by © Small Bird Studios