October 11, 2010

Yard Sale Update (with clutter photos!)

I do not function well in clutter, but this is for a VERY good cause. Today & tomorrow for schooling, it is Bible, the 3Rs and then garage sale pricing & picking up more items if we get the call to do so. Rhea is working 1/2 days this week, but battled all weekend with a head cold. I am praying he is 100% now today soon.

I thought I would share some pictures of what we have been blessed with so far. If you are curious how you can help scroll down past the pictures. Also, if you are clutter-phobic, you might want to scan down as well. ; )


Our Master sitting room: nowhere to sit eh? I am putting all of the "nicer" clothing on hangers and Rhea made me the neatest clothes racks out of scraps from around the shop. I will post those later. 




This is my dining room (not exactly pics to give to the realtor when listing my home, huh?) Truly this has been great. I have begun to sort all the children's clothing in here. Again, nicer items on hangers. (did I mention, we need more hangers?)



Ah yes, the garage...piles of blessings from others! The top layer was all on our driveway this weekend, but with rain coming today and tomorrow the boys had to pile it all in. I will work form the sides today. 


The larger items tarped on our driveway. We are prayerful the rain is a short, little thunderstorm. We are grateful the forecast for Wed - Sat is sunny!!


Here is our empty, lonely trailer, waiting for someone to call us so it can pick up more donations : )


Finally, these are the 4 crotons I purchased with a gift card at Home D*pot last week. They will have to wait to be potted next week!

For our local friends:

We have had several people ask, "What can I do to help?"
 
**We know you are praying and that is so important to us during this time. We know God will provide all funds needed in His timing. We are just being diligent, busy bees as He provides a way for us. So, we are thankful for your prayers for us!
 
**You can spread the word to your church, neighbors, and friends about our sale next weekend.  We will take anything anyone might have to sell. We have a trailer to pick up large items this weekend and next week if needed. (I will send a flyer in a future e-mail)
 
**If you are an organizer-type, we would welcome you on Wednesday to help sort and prepare for the sale. (sandwich fixins provided)
 
**If you have folding tables to use at the sale you could let us borrow, those are needed.
 
**If you would like to come help with the sale for any part of the day, an extra adult is always helpful. 
 
**If you would like to donate a case of water, sodas, or snacks to sell at the sale, that would be appreciated.

I will update with pics throughout the week. I am off to go to our local dry cleaner stores and ask for hanger donations : )

3 comments:

  1. Lookin good Shannon! Hoping that all goes well and that your 'hands' will be full by the end of the day. I'll be thinking of you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon, Funny, I just posted photos of re-organizing my sewing room/office. What a fun job! BTW, I have a couple of folding tables and if I'm out and about this week, I'll bring them by. Plus, we still need to do some major decluttering and I might bring by some things for you. But this is all speculative. I have a lot of paperwork to do. I'll see if Rebekah is game to help me. Pray things go well so I can do this. I have some stuff I was going to ebay, but I think it would be better to just get it out of the house.

    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - looks like it is all coming together... and there will be lots to sell! wish i lived closer so i could drop off some sodas to sell! :)

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment or ask a question.

 
Design by © Small Bird Studios